What can I do if I was found drunk in public by the police? 6 Answers as of September 17, 2013

I had been drinking for my 21st birthday and fell asleep at a friend's where I then believed I slept walked to another place where I was found sleeping by the police. Is there any way out of this? I have had sleepwalking problems my whole life but never has gone this far.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Jeff Yeh
Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
You should hire a lawyer and get this relatively minor charge dismissed.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/17/2013
Michael Breczinski
Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
Yes get a lawyer and see if something can be worked out so that you end up with no criminal record. Plead not guilty up front or you lose all bargaining power.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 9/17/2013
Cynthia Henley, Lawyer
Cynthia Henley, Lawyer | Cynthia Henley
Hire a lawyer to get you a deferred disposition so you can later expunge the case from your record.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 9/17/2013
Attorney at Law
Attorney at Law | Michael J. Kennedy
Do not put on the record a history of sleepwalking, because that translates to "blackouts," which translates to DMV subjecting you to a medical hearing. Most courts will put you on some sort of diversion and later dismiss the case.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/17/2013
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
So, you have been sleepwalking all of your life, and you are drinking on top of the sleepwalking problem.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 9/17/2013
    Law Office of Brendan M. Kelly
    Law Office of Brendan M. Kelly | Brendan M. Kelly
    Have you ever seen a doctor about this? It may be a defense depending on the nature of the case. We will offer you a free initial consultation with a lawyer in our office. Please call us at 402-455-1711 to set up a time to discuss your matter.
    Answer Applies to: Nebraska
    Replied: 9/17/2013
Click to View More Answers: