What can I do if I was fired without due cause? 2 Answers as of September 14, 2011

My employer fired me without giving a valid reason. What can I do in this case?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
The Unger Law Firm
The Unger Law Firm | Jeffrey Unger
Missouri is a "employment-at-will" state. You can be fired for any reason, or no reason at all, as long as it is not for a discriminatory reason, against public policy or if you are under contract (such as being a member of a union). This is a complex area of law, and there are many exceptions to employment-at-will. As such, I would recommend that you speak with an experienced employment law attorney.
Answer Applies to: Missouri
Replied: 9/14/2011
Law Offices of Steven A. Fink
Law Offices of Steven A. Fink | Steven Alan Fink
You may have been fired without a valid reason. However, as CA is an at-will employment state, unless you were discriminated against because of age, race, religion, national origin or sex, you have no recourse. All you can do is file for unemployment and look at your personnel file to see if that provides a hint.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/13/2011
Click to View More Answers: