What can I do if I was falsely accused of domestic violence/assault to a female? 11 Answers as of March 25, 2013

I was falsely accused of assault to my ex-girlfriend in 2006. I would like to have this removed from my record as soon as possible.

Did you plead guilty or convicted? If so then petition to have the matter expunged.
Attorney at Law | Ernest Krause
How did it get on your record? A judge found you guilty? Not enough facts. Could be an uphill effort. You need attorney advice.
I would need further information to answer such as the exact charges, were you convicted or just accused , etc. If you were convicted you should consult an attorney to see if can get the conviction expunged or if something else you can do.
You may be eligible for an expungement.
Cynthia Henley, Lawyer
Cynthia Henley, Lawyer | Cynthia Henley
Were you convicted either after a trial or a guilty plea? Receive deferred? Or was the case dismissed? If it was dismissed, you can hire a lawyer to expunge the matter. Otherwise, it will remain on your record.
    Is the case over? Was it dismissed? IF YES, then you can get it expunged.
    You fail to mention what the outcome of the case was. If acquitted, or had the case dropped before trial, or received an expungeable sentence, see the clerk of court office and file a Petition to Expunge the arrest. If you were convicted, and received a non-expungeable sentence, you cannot do anything to clear your record, as any statute of limitation for appealing the case have passed. You might be eligible to have your record sealed, in lieu of a full expungement.
    William L. Welch, III Attorney | William L. Welch, III
    An attorney can assist you with evaluating the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to plea bargain or go to trial. If you were to be found guilty, then an attorney can assist you with presenting mitigation, allocution, and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence. and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence.
    Would like to have what removed? The arrest? The complaint? Or the conviction? All face different procedural hurdles not the least of which is the time lapse.
    Rizio & Nelson
    Rizio & Nelson | John W. Bussman
    Were you convicted? If so, did you complete probation? If so, you might be eligible for an expungement. Talk to a local attorney about filing a 1203.4 petition for you.
    If you were convicted, it is unlikely you would qualify for an expungement. You Mus consult with a lawyer about the specifics of your case to determine what, if any,options you may have.