What can I do if I was accused of theft of goods when I didnt have any stolen items on me? 2 Answers as of June 30, 2011

Two of my friends and I went to a gas station to get drinks. As my friend and I were looking for what we wanted to drink, my friend other friend was stealing 14 dollars worth of merchandise in the back. There was a camera up and I knew it worked. I saw my drink I wanted right by my friend and I asked him what he wanted to drink and looked at him. I didn't see him stealing anything and the owner said he saw me looking at my friend as he was putting the bags in his pants. I know this is false because the camera couldn't see my friend's front. My other friend got off but me and and my other friend were given court dates. I can see why he was given one because he was actually stealing. I do not understand why I was given a court date. I had nothing to do with it. They didn't believe me.

Bloom Legal, LLC
Bloom Legal, LLC | Seth J. Bloom
You will most likely be required to appear in court to enter a plea of guilty, not guilty, or no contest. If you are concerned about your ability to fight these charges, then you may want to hire an attorney to represent you. It may be possible for an attorney to contact prosecutors on your behalf beforehand to discuss the situation and attempt to have the charges against you dropped.
Smith & John
Smith & John | Kenneth Craig Smith, Jr.
Charges will be filed on all persons. The police will leave it to the District Attorney to sort out the guilty parties.