What can I do if I want to move out and have my child live with me? Posted on June 26, 2011

I am not married and live with my 5 year old son and his mother. He and I do not get along with his birth mother. He tells me all the time that she does not play, talk, or do anything with him. He looks at me and says he wishes it was just me and him. She calls him names. We all lived with her parents for a while but we moved out. She wants to take our son and live with her sister without me but the only reason she doesn't is because her sister has a special needs child. We fight all the time and she always says she is living with my son, last time he cried so much he would not leave me. I have pics and video of the places she could live and how she just swears at us when we try to interact. I would let her visit him but want him to live with me. I will clarify that she is not physically abusive and puts on the nice attitude in town but if a 5 year old says he just wants to live with me I believe something is wrong here.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: