What can I do if I want to get a divorce and he was deported? 4 Answers as of June 10, 2013

I m married in california but my husband just got deported may I get a divorce or annulment?

Law Office of Patricia Van Haren
Law Office of Patricia Van Haren | Patricia Van Haren
Yes, you may still seek a divorce even if your husband was deported. If you have contact information, he would be able to sign off on the divorce paperwork. If you do not, you will need to take additional steps, such as requesting that the court allow service by publication, but the divorce can still be entered.
You can get a divorce, but he would have to be served in accordance with the laws of the place where he now resides (hopefully a Hague Convention country). You could only get an annulment if you have valid grounds for an annulment - Courts don't hand those out just for the asking.
Yes, in California you can get a divorce even if your husband is out of the country, and even if he doesn't want one.
Yes as long as you have been a resident of the State of California for at least 6 months and live for at least 3 months in the county where you intend to file the divorce.