What can I do if I want custody of my 5 month old little girl? 7 Answers as of April 29, 2011

My ex -boyfriend has our 5 month old daughter and I want get custody of her. He doesn't let my family or me pick her up from his house. He lets her cry for a long period of time, and doesn't like for her to be with me a lot. What can I do to get custody?

Law Office of John C. Volz
Law Office of John C. Volz | John C. Volz
You must file paperwork with the court requesting custody of your daughter. If you feel that she is in immediate danger, you may request emergency orders for custody and visitation.
Hire a family law attorney and go to court for custody and visitation now, dont wait. The longer you wait the less you will get.
File a parentage case (called a UPA, for Uniform Parentage Action) with your local county court, and as part of that case, request custody and visitation orders. Seek assistance from the legal self help center at the court, or call a local family law lawyer. Good luck!
Retain an experienced Family Law Attorney to file a Uniform Parentage Act and seek child custody orders on your behalf.
Law Office of Jackie Robert Geller
Law Office of Jackie Robert Geller | Jackie Robert Geller
You need to commence a family court action to obtain a court order for custody and visitation. If you and your boyfriend can't agree on those issues, there is a court mediation service that will assist you.
    Naziri Hanassab LLP
    Naziri Hanassab LLP | Vahid Naziri
    File a Petition to Establish Paternity and file an Order to Show Cause re Custody and Visitation.
    Edwin Fahlen Attorney at Law
    Edwin Fahlen Attorney at Law | Edwin Fahlen
    The question begs why does he have custody in the first place? You need to hire competent legal counsel and get to court immediately to obtain a custody order, because the longer you wait, the less of a chance you are going to have. He is NOT a dictator, unless you allow him to be. Here at this office, we can stop that immediately for you, we know how.If you are looking for counsel, You call - you get your child. You wait - you lose.