What can I do if I think I am being scammed by someone overseas? 1 Answers as of January 19, 2011

I sent money to an overseas online pharmacy in September. I never received the product that I purchased. However, there is a person contacting me saying that there is a package at US customs with my name on it that contains an illegal substance (which wasn't what I purchased) and the said that there is a felony charge against me. I know this is a scam and said that I will go to the local police and turn myself in because this was a case of identity theft. He says that I can be extradited to the Dominican Republic for this charge. I called back the number and it connected me through a wire service to this person. I know this is a scam but how do I stop them from calling me and harassing me?

Colucci and Associates
Colucci and Associates | Paul Colucci
This sounds like a scam from top to bottom. Needless to say you should never do business online unless you know the vendor and know that the transaction is legal. Assuming that the order you made did not call for the purchase or transportation of an illegal or controlled substance, you should report the matter to your local police and to advise anyone who calls again that you have done so. You should also cancel the credit card used for payment. If you suspect that you may have run afoul of the law, you should speak to a lawyer before talking to anyone else. You may call me at 734.261.1111. Thanks for the question.