What can I do if I suspect my husband is going to file for divorce and try to take the children? Posted on June 17, 2011

My husband lives with us and is a correction officer, he physically hit me but I did not report it because of fear of him losing his job and getting no support for the children. My son told me that my husband told them bad things about me and that he was going to take them away to a different house. I found out that he has requested to take a whole two weeks off and am afraid that he will take the children and file a divorce and keep the children for the time being. How can I stop him from doing this? I am a stay at home mom, I have been going to college and should be getting into the nursing program this spring. He has been controlling me because my oldest has long term medical necessities and I depend on his medical insurance and leaves me without income. What can I do?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: