What can I do if I slipped in a hotel bathtub? 4 Answers as of August 21, 2014

I slipped in a bathtub while showering in a hotel bathtub (combined bath and shower) at a hotel in Orange County. The hotel is denying my claim, telling me that there are no laws or regulations applicable to these situations. Is that true? Is there a regulation I can cite to refute these statements?

It's not a matter of regulations; this sort of claim is based on negligence. You have to be able to prove the hotel failed to use REASONABLE care, and that you were also free of negligence. Tough case. Bathtubs are slippery; we all know that.
Law Office of Linda K. Frieder
Law Office of Linda K. Frieder | Linda K. Frieder, Esq.
There may be requirements about friction coefficient regarding tub surfaces and a "duty" to keep guests safe when using tubs, but it is hard prove the hotel breached a duty to you as a guest. It is obvious that tubs can be slippery and that you should take care when using a tub. The hotel can say it is your negligence that made you slip. Most importantly, you have to be damaged.... Like you broke your ankle as a direct result of a slip. No damages, no case.
Frank Law Group, P.C.
Frank Law Group, P.C. | David E. Frank
Just because you slipped and fell doesn't mean the hotel did anything wrong. You need to show that the hotel did something wrong which led to your fall. For example, did they not provide a rubber anti-slip mat for the tub?
None that I know of. The applicable rule is one of negligence did the potential defendant do something wrong that also resulted in physical injury. Unless the hotel made the shower floor slippery or knew people would slip in it, then it does not seem reasonably foreseeable that someone would slip and injury them self.