What can I do if I slipped and fell while leaving a restaurant in Oregon? 1 Answers as of March 17, 2011

I had finished having dinner in a restaurant in Beaverton when I slipped and fell in a puddle of water, seriously hurting myself. I had to get x rays done, and the doctors told me I broke my ankle and have a sprained wrist. There was a wet floor between the front door and entrance of the restaurant because it had been raining. There was no caution sign on display, and several people fell in the same spot I did. This happened two weeks ago.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Harris Law Firm
Harris Law Firm | Paul Vames
First, get medical attention. Your injuries appear to be serious. Delay in seeking treatment might hamper your recovery.

Next, gather evidence about the incident.

Finally, see an attorney whose practice focuses on representation of injured victims of negligence. An attorney can assist you to assess your likelihood of prevailing against the restaurant's owners. If necessary, an attorney will also assist you to present your claim for damages against the restaurant owner's insurer or in court.
Answer Applies to: Oregon
Replied: 3/17/2011
Click to View More Answers: