What can I do if I received a wage garnishment from my employer and I have never received anything regarding this prior to the wage garnishment? 7 Answers as of February 27, 2014

Check the court file to see how the creditor got the judgment and then move to set it aside.
The employer gets the garnishment instructions from the courts or sheriff. This is issue for you to take up in court. You can file a motion to vacate the judgment and argue it if it is worth doing.
Edelman, Combs, Latturner & Goodwin, LLC | Daniel A. Edelman
Examine the court file. Presumably it claims you were served. You need to file a motion to vacate supported by affidavits and evidence refuting the proposition that you were served. Note that service on a family member over 13 plus mailing is the same as personal service.
The fact you have never received anything does not make it necessarily invalid. To garnish wages a judgment had to have been obtained. Secondly a Writ of Execution obtained and served by the Sheriff on your employer. The most likely way to avoid the garnishment is a BK filing.
Mark S Cherry, Attorney at Law, PC
Mark S Cherry, Attorney at Law, PC | Mark Cherry
You should research the debt. You may have grounds to file a Motion to vacate the judgment. Also, you may want to consult with a bankruptcy attorney.