What can I do if I received a DUI charge but there was no dashboard video camera in the police car for me to use as evidence? 10 Answers as of January 27, 2014

Evidence to defend myself in court. The officer lied to get a conviction and it's my word against his. Because there was no camera, can I fight this? In 2014, shouldn't all patrol cars have video cameras?

The Rogers Law Firm
The Rogers Law Firm | Andrea Storey Rogers
No, not all patrol cars have video cameras. You need to hire an experienced DUI attorney to represent you.
Robert S. Evans ESQ | Robert S. Evans ESQ
Not all police cars have video cameras as suggested. A competent DWI/criminal defense attorney will be best able to analyze your situation.
Law Office of Robert E McCall | Robert McCall
There is no requirement for a video. Criminal DUI charges are always "He said, she said".
Not all patrol cars are equipped with video cameras. There may be other ways to defend against a DUI depending on the evidence against you. I strongly suggest that you contact an experienced criminal defense attorney for a face-to-face consultation and give him/her all of the facts surrounding your case. (S)he would then be in a better position to analyze your case and advise you of your options.
There is no requirement that an officer have a camera on the dashboard, so you won't get very far with that. What you need to do now is hire a DUI specialist, and do it soon because you have only 10 days to save your license.
    Hudson Bair | Hudson Bair
    Unfortunately, there is no legal requirement for police cars to have video. Because there is no video you are stuck with either the police report's version of your facts or whatever testimony is elicited from the officer under oath at an evidentiary hearing.
    You can always fight it. They must have given you a chemical test to determine your blood alcohol level such as a breath test or blood draw. There are very strict rules regarding the admissibility and reliability of such tests such as the maintenance logs of the machine, repair history, certification of the operator, observation period, etc. just to name a few. Have an experienced DUI attorney in your area thoroughly review your entire case to determine the best course of action.
    What should happen does not matter. The vehicle does not have dash camera. That is the end of the story. You can retain an attorney, or you can continue to bitch about the leadership at the police station and how they spend the police budget.
    The Law Offices of Harold L. Wallin | Harold L. Wallin
    It is still quite common to have patrol cars that are not equipped with video cameras.
    Darrell B. Reynolds, P.C. | Darrell B. Reynolds
    Do not know if you had an attorney at trial, however, you need one to review the entire matter.