What can I do if I received a DUI and live out of state? 20 Answers as of April 22, 2015

I was in town for a week for job training, and I gave my friend a ride down to a bar and stayed for 2 glasses of wine and left. I got pulled over for a stop sign violation, which I did NOT violate. They then charged me with a DUI. I live out of state and I really need help. I’m supposed to go get fingerprinted and my picture taken on Wednesday (standard procedure) and I cannot do it because I’m back home. Please help!

Law Office of Eric S. Lumberg | Eric S. Lumberg
You do need to resolve this matter in the court where the arrest occurred. Consult with an attorney to see what steps can be done to make this easier based on your location.
Walpole Law | Robert J. Walpole
Because DUI is punishable with jail or prison time, you will need to retain an attorney. I recommend that you do this as soon as possible. You might need one back home, but you will definitely need one where this occurred. You will need to contest suspension action with that state's department of public safety or whatever the name of the agency that gives or suspends driver's license. Failure to take care of this, to enter an appearance in the case can adversely affect your driver' license for years to come. You need to know this. As for the facts, such as a stop sign violation, you are entitled to a jury trial, but you will find that any plea bargain is generally a better alternative than a trial.
Grantland, Blodgett, Shaw & Abel
Grantland, Blodgett, Shaw & Abel | Gregory M. Abel
An Oregon DUII attorney can help. Contact one immediately!
You need to retain an attorney.
The Rogers Law Firm
The Rogers Law Firm | Andrea Storey Rogers
Hire an experienced DUI attorney who practices in the city where you received the DUI.
    Charles M. Schiff, Attorney at Law
    Charles M. Schiff, Attorney at Law | Charles M. Schiff
    You need to contact an attorney in the state bringing the charge. The attorney may be able to resolve the case with a minimum of appearances in court.
    Law Offices of Martina A. Vigil, PC
    Law Offices of Martina A. Vigil, PC | Martina A. Vigil
    You need to hire an attorney.
    You should hire a lawyer. A lawyer can represent you at all stages of a misdemeanor without you present, so a warrant doesn't go out for your arrest.
    Anderson Law Office
    Anderson Law Office | Scott L. Anderson
    You need to contact an attorney asap and discuss your case fully. Without knowing where the offense occurred it is hard to give you any specific information.
    The Law Offices of Harold L. Wallin | Harold L. Wallin
    You will need to retain a DUI defense attorney who practices in the jurisdiction where you were arrested.
    Law Offices of Stephanie Lee Ehrbright, Esq.
    Law Offices of Stephanie Lee Ehrbright, Esq. | Stephanie Lee Ehrbright
    Assuming it is a misdemeanor, you can hire a private attorney here then that attorney can go to court for you and handle all the aspects on this end for you. This is something I have commonly done for client's. If you use a public defender you will need to be here for the court appearances though.
    Retain a Wisconsin lawyer right away and have him or her get you a more convenient date.
    Ty Wilson Law | Ty Wilson
    You need to speak with a Georgia DUI attorney immediately. Some matters can be handled without your being in Georgia.
    Gorman Law Group, P.C. | Troy T. Gorman
    You can fax or email your court notice to my office below, and I can likely arrange to have you be processed in your state, and take care of an adjournment if necessary.
    P. Adam Militello, Esq.
    P. Adam Militello, Esq. | Adam Militello
    50% of any criminal case is making sure that it is managed well, and you desperately need a lawyer with good case management skills. May I suggest looking for a lawyer in the jurisdiction where you are facing the DWI charge who is a member of the National College for DUI Defense? I wish you the best.
    Connell-Savela
    Connell-Savela | Jason Savela
    I have represented many out of state DUI arrestees. In response to your DUI Post: I am a criminal defense attorney with more than 17 years experience on DUI cases. If you would like to discuss your case, please contact me. Some important information- DMV Issues - If you have been served with a Notice of Revocation, then you have 7 days to request a hearing. Please do that immediately by going to your local DMV office, tell them you got a DUI and you want to request a hearing. They will give you a form. DO NOT REQUEST THE OFFICER. We can do that later if we choose to, but most often it means you will lose. The receipt DMV gives you allows you to drive until the day of the hearing. Request a copy of the Expressed Consent Packet. Evidence Issues - It would be valuable to immediately request all police reports, including all audio and video recordings from dash recorders, lapel recorders and police station recorders from the police agency that arrested you and the prosecution. Include in your written request a statement that you believe the audio and video recordings are ?material and exculpatory. Make sure you get a copy of your request with the date, signature and name of the person that you give it to. Representation begins when client pays attorney an agreed upon retainer and returns a signed fee agreement.
    Law Office of James E. Smith
    Law Office of James E. Smith | James Smith
    Get a lawyer to take care of everything.