What can I do if I purchased a car and the dealer told me that several features were included and I found those charges in my contract? 5 Answers as of September 26, 2013

What are my rights? Do I have to keep the car? Will they have to adjust the contract? These charges are an additional $3,700 charges that I was told that came with the car.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Olivier Law, LLC
Olivier Law, LLC | Jason Olivier
If the add-ons are not in the car, you have a right to recover that money. You should hire an attorney to send a letter in that regard. To be able to return the car, you would have to argue it is not fit for the purpose you bought it. Long row to hoe.
Answer Applies to: Louisiana
Replied: 9/26/2013
Edelman, Combs, Latturner & Goodwin, LLC | Daniel A. Edelman
An attorney should review the contract.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 9/26/2013
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C. | James T. Weiner
Contact the DEALER in writing ask for a refund keep a copy. If you do not get a refund contact an attorney or the Michigan Attorney General. Auto dealers are regulated and could loose their license to sell cars!
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 9/25/2013
SmithMarco, P.C.
SmithMarco, P.C. | Larry P. Smith
Misrepresenting material facts regarding a purchase such as an automobile is a violation of the Illinois consumer Fraud and Deceptive Business Practices Act. Whether you can actually rescind the transaction depends upon how long you have had the vehicle, how much you have driven it, and any alterations you may have made to it. If you cannot rescind the transaction, you may still be entitled to money which represents the difference between what you paid for it and what it's real value was at the time of purchase.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 9/25/2013
The Law Office of Darren Aronow, PC
The Law Office of Darren Aronow, PC | Darren Aronow
If you signed the agreement then it is your word against his. It would be difficult to prove in court.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 9/25/2013
Click to View More Answers: