What can I do if I owe back state taxes in PA because the accountant did them wrong? 1 Answers as of April 08, 2011

I owe $8500 in back State Taxes and I will not have the money by April 15th. What should I do? My accountant did my taxes wrong and is being convicted.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Steven J. Fromm
Steven J. Fromm | Steven J. Fromm & Associates, P.C.
The fact that your accountant prepared them wrong is irrelevant and of no concern to PA as far as the taxes due. Assuming the $8,500 is the correct liability then you are liable for such taxes. The accountant's conduct may have some bearing on any penalties asserted. You need to retain a tax attorney to assist you in working out a payment plan with the PA Department of Revenue.
Answer Applies to: Pennsylvania
Replied: 4/8/2011
Click to View More Answers: