What can I do if I need to defend a wrongful foreclosure attempt? 3 Answers as of August 16, 2011

What 'kind' of attorney do I need to defend wrongful foreclosure attempt when I do not want to declare BK?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
The Grundy Law Firm, PLLC
The Grundy Law Firm, PLLC | Elvin Grundy
A.R.S. 33-808 et seq governs the procedure for Deed of Trust sales. Before your home can be sold at a foreclosure sale, the Trustee must comply with these statutory procedures. You are far from helpless against unscrupulous lenders looking to foreclose on your home. You do have options! Do not delay. Time is always of the essence in foreclosure cases.
Answer Applies to: Arizona
Replied: 8/16/2011
Lehn Law, PA
Lehn Law, PA | Joseph W. Lehn
I recommend you hire an experienced foreclosure defense attorney.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 8/9/2011
The Law Offices of Mark Wm. Hofgard, Esq.
The Law Offices of Mark Wm. Hofgard, Esq. | Mark Hofgard
You need an attorney that understands mortgages, mortgage law, and Colorado's fairly unique foreclosure statutory scheme. The attorney must also be a skilled litigator. The lender has attorneys that understand the law and how to make it work for the lender. While it can seem like an uphill battle, if the facts and evidence of your case justify relief, you should be entitled to assert your rights and remedies. What is a "wrongful" foreclosure depends very much on your individual situation, the documents you signed, any modification agreements you may have with the lender, whether proper notices were given, and whether the party seeking to foreclose has the right to do so.
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 8/8/2011
Click to View More Answers: