What can I do if I lost my job over ten dollars I was arrested and charged with theft? 10 Answers as of February 26, 2013

I found ten dollars on the floor at my job, asked around no one claimed it so I put it on my pocket. Come to find out the money was mark. I was arrested and not read my right and was charged this theft by taken. Once I was released, they gave me back the ten bucks.

William L. Welch, III Attorney | William L. Welch, III
An attorney can assist you with evaluating the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to plea bargain or go to trial. If you were to be found guilty, then an attorney can assist you with presenting mitigation, elocution, and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence. and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence.
Get another job. Your job set you up, and you failed the test. Your job need not read you Miranda rights.
The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq. | John J. Carney
You should retain a good lawyer and tell him the truth about what happened. Your story does not make sense as it does not appear to be a crime.
Did they file charges or just dismiss the matter? If they gave you the money back, that would indicate to me they weren't pursuing charges as I would think they would keep the money as evidence. The police do not have to read you your rights everytime you are arrest; only when you are in police custody (i.e. not free to leave) and they wish to interrogate you or ask you incriminating questions. If you have been charged, you need to speak with an experienced criminal attorney in your area about your case for a more specific evaluation.
You don't have any recourse against the store unless you get charged with theft by the police. Then you may be able to sue them for slander and false prosecution.
    Law Office of Michael E. Dailey
    Law Office of Michael E. Dailey | Michael E. Dailey
    This would be a good case to take to trial. They handed the evidence back to you. If it's not on video it will be a tough case to make happen.
    Hire an attorney to defend you in court, and consult with a lawyer who is versed in employment law, as you have been unjustly discharged. Make sure you provide both lawyers with the names of the persons you inquired about the money, so they can substantiate your story. You definitely will not be going to jail for this offense, provided you have a clean background.
    Natty Shafer Law
    Natty Shafer Law | Nathaniel Shafer
    I would fight the criminal charge. You did not "intend" to deprive anyone of the $10. As for losing your job, Utah is a right to work state so unless you had a contract, there is not much you can do about that, unfortunately.
    You better hire a lawyer soon. Petty theft is a crime of moral turpitude, and if convicted you can kiss your career aspirations goodbye.
    Rizio & Nelson
    Rizio & Nelson | John W. Bussman
    If you're accused of theft, a local attorney can help you understand your rights, the charges and any possible defenses. It sounds like you should get a private lawyer ASAP to go over all the details of your case and to figure out your options.