What can I do if I lost my immigration papers? 1 Answers as of April 04, 2011

I have been approved for disability, but I lost my green card and all document stating I'm legal in this country. I served 8 years in USA Army/National guards, why can't my military discharge papers be used?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law | Theresa E. Tilton
Does your DD 214 show your immigration status? If yes, it is still secondary evidence. The social security administration is looking for primary evidence, such as from USCIS.

You could apply for a replacement green card. USCIS has many cross-references to your name such as your alien number, your social security number, your sponsoring relatives' names. It is your responsibility to give the agency the evidence it requires, rather than insisting that they accept secondary evidence. Do you want the disability? If yes, you'll have to work through the system the way it is set up. You might think about applying for citizenship. Your application would definitely trigger a records search for your green card status.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 4/4/2011
Click to View More Answers: