What can I do if I lost a job opportuniyt due to a diluted urine sample? 3 Answers as of June 21, 2011

I took a drug test for the "perfect" job and was totally astonished when the lady taking it, took one look at it and said it looked diluted and I would have to pee again. I sat there for half hour, couldn't pee and left for a funeral. They called my potential boss and with no explanation said it was a refusal. Needless to say I didn't get my perfect job and I am devastated. They didn't even do the initial test there, send it in or anything. Any advice?

Law Offices of Steven A. Fink
Law Offices of Steven A. Fink | Steven Alan Fink
The only thing you can do is find another perfect job or see if you can take test again. Your mistake was in leaving for the funeral, but you had your priority.
Rose, Senders & Bovarnick, LLC
Rose, Senders & Bovarnick, LLC | Paul S. Bovarnick
Depending on your state, and all of the facts, you may have a claim against the company that took the urine sample. You should consult with an experienced plaintiff's lawyer in your area.
Bernard Huff, Attorney/Mediator
Bernard Huff, Attorney/Mediator | Bernard Huff
Seek a response from the federal EEOC or your State's labor agency.