What can I do if I lost custody of my child in Caifornia? 10 Answers as of February 08, 2011

I was brought to court one day and signed some papers. Now I found out that I lost custody of my daughter. What can I do?

Michael Rose Attorney at Law
Michael Rose Attorney at Law | Michael Rose
There has to be more to this question. What court? Children's court? Did someone adopt your child?? Do you know who was the attorney on the case? If you do not know the answers, the first step would be to go to the court and find the information and let an attorney help you.
If it was within the last 6 mos, then you can get it set aside.
Goldberg Jones
Goldberg Jones | Zephyr Hill
If you signed a Stipulation giving custody to the father, you are very likely stuck with that result. However, there are times when you can set aside rulings or ask for new ones and if there is a change in circumstances, you can always ask for a modification based on the best interests of the children. Call an attorney ASAP.
Goodman, Dicus, and Teinert, LLP
Goodman, Dicus, and Teinert, LLP | Paul M. Teinert
You can file a petition to modify your child custody order. If you'd like you can call our office to set up a free consultation.
Diana K. Zilko, Attorney at Law
Diana K. Zilko, Attorney at Law | Diana K. Zilko
You can seek to modify the order, but must show a change of circumstances. You can also argue that if you were not represented by counsel, you were not fully aware of what you signed, and the consequences. If you have any further questions, please let me know.
    Bartholomew & Wasznicky LLP
    Bartholomew & Wasznicky LLP | Hal D. Bartholomew
    You should seek the advice of an attorney. You have the right to file a motion with court to modify custody if you are able to show a change of circumstances. What happened at court should be reviewed by an attorney to advise you of your options.
    You can always file a motion to modify custody and visitation. I would be happy to help you. Please contact me for a free consultation.
    Consult with a Family Law Attorney without delay, and show him the papers which you signed. The speed with which you do so may make a significant difference in the relief available to you.
    You can file a motion to modify the orders. So, go back to court.
    Pisarra and Grist
    Pisarra and Grist | David T. Pisarra
    Depending on what you signed you can either bring a motion for Custody or a motion to set aside whatever you signed - if it's within the time to set aside. Also you can read my book, A MAN'S GUIDE TO CHILD CUSTODY.