What can I do if I keep getting different answers from the public defenser? 3 Answers as of June 01, 2012

My husband has had to get a Public Defender that Defends everyone in the county and his case is a false child molestation case. The attorney keeps answering our questions different every time he talks to me. He has recently told me he would not go to trial in Sept. and it is only May because it would be a fast and speedy trial and he won't do a fast and speedy trial. He has had my case since Dec 2011 and it is now May 2012. Can he do that and what can we do? We cannot afford another attorney.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Darrell B. Reynolds, P.C. | Darrell B. Reynolds
If you can not hire and attorney then you need to work with the attorney you have.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 6/1/2012
H. Scott Basham, Attorney at Law, P.C. | H. Scott Basham
You can ask to have the case assigned to another attorney at the public defender's office, but if you can't afford to hire private counsel, that is about it.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 6/1/2012
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
It is up to the attorney to decide whether to decide a speedy trial demand. You cannot make your attorney file a speedy trial demand. So, either put money together, or put your patience together.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 5/31/2012
Click to View More Answers: