What can I do if I have proof that my idea was stolen? How? 3 Answers as of September 08, 2015

I submitted a design to an invention company. They took my money, stole my idea and now it is being sold at a national hardware store.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Sebby Law Office
Sebby Law Office | Jayne Sebby
These so-called "invention companies" have a horrible reputation across the country. If you can prove that you had the idea before anyone else, that you submitted the idea to this company because it told you in writing that it would help you patent or market your idea, and the company used your original idea to create a product and market it without abiding by the terms of that written agreement, you may be able to prevail in court. I assume you have already sent the company a "cease and desist" letter. Next, contact your attorney general and the attorney general in the state the company is located in and file complaints with both. You should also talk to an IP attorney about filing suit in court.
Answer Applies to: Nebraska
Replied: 9/8/2015
Law Office of Kirk Buhler
Law Office of Kirk Buhler | Kirk A Buhler
Do you have a patent or a pending patent application? Without a patent you have limited grounds for infringement of your "idea". You could possibly file a civil case against the company using your "proof".
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/8/2015
Banner & Witcoff, Ltd. | Ernie Linek
Hire a lawyer. Bring all evidence you have regarding working with the invention company - correspondence, canceled checks, everything.
Answer Applies to: Massachusetts
Replied: 9/8/2015
Click to View More Answers: