What can I do if I have not received notices since filing N400? 6 Answers as of June 16, 2011

I filed form N400 in 1992 and received an acknowledgement letter back. It has been over 20 years since I filed and have not received anymore notices. How can I go about getting any response?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
You are a very patient person. I would call the Customer Service number for USCIS and ask them to inquire on the status of your case. You will need your case number if possible and the A# on your Permanent Resident card. If you have moved since then there is a requirement to report your address change. Most likely if a notice for fingerprinting or interview was sent to you and you did not show up your case was denied for abandonment. If your N-400 is not still active then you need to also renew your Permanent Resident card as that has only a ten year validity period. If you would like assistance, call me to discuss and we can help you check on status and advise fees to become your representative on the case.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/16/2011
Baughman & Wang
Baughman & Wang | Justin X. Wang
It is most likely that the USCIS(formerly INS) has lost your file or your application was denied but you did not receive the notice. It is hard to imaging that the government still holds your case without making a decision. You should just refile a new application. You may file a request to get your immigration file so you can see what happened in your case.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/16/2011
Law Office of Christine Troy
Law Office of Christine Troy | Christine Troy
At this point, you probably need to refile. You can do a FOIA request with DHS is you want, to request a copy of your file as well.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/16/2011
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law | Theresa E. Tilton
In twenty-eight years of practice, I have experienced USCIS losing client files on several occasions. You must get an appointment for an INFOPASS right away. Make several copies of your acknowledgment letter so that USCIS can help you track this.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 6/15/2011
Lyttle Law Firm, PLLC
Lyttle Law Firm, PLLC | Daniella Lyttle
Wow! that's a long time. You might need to re-file again.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 6/15/2011
    Calderón Seguin PLC
    Calderón Seguin PLC | Ofelia L. Calderon
    You need to make an infopass appointment at your local district office and take all of your receipt notices with you. Frankly, I'm not sure what they are going to do about an application that is 20 years old. You may end up having to re-file this application.
    Answer Applies to: Virginia
    Replied: 6/15/2011
Click to View More Answers: