What can I do if I have not been served a warrant but received packet in mail? 9 Answers as of November 20, 2013

I have not been served with a warrant but received a packet in the mail stating I have 30 days from local publication to respond. How urgent is it that I respond and how do I respond so as not to give up any rights. Thanks!

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
You need to retain an attorney. DO you even know how to respond? No, because you have no idea of the consequences of not responding. Stop trying to play attorney.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 11/20/2013
Stephens Gourley & Bywater | David A. Stephens
If service by mail is allowed, you need to respond. If not, you can ignore it.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 11/15/2013
Freeborn Law Offices, P.S.
Freeborn Law Offices, P.S. | Steve Freeborn
Since I do not know what the warrant is for, nor do I know what was contained in the packet you received in the mail, I have no way of answering. Your best bet is to go see an attorney in your area.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 11/19/2013
Law Offices of Linda Rose Fessler | Linda Fessler
You must respond within 30 days. Since I do not have the packet, I cannot suggest how you should respond.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 11/15/2013
Gates' Law, PLLC | Thomas E. Gates
If you fail to respond within the 30 days, judgment will be entered against you.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 11/15/2013
    Austin Legal Services, PLC
    Austin Legal Services, PLC | Jared Austin
    It depends on if it is a civil matter or a criminal matter. More information is needed before an accurate answer can be given. They usually do not publicize criminal matters in the mail, only civil ones.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan
    Replied: 11/15/2013
    Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
    Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC | John F Brennan
    See a local attorney, it appears that you have been served through alternate service which would have required an order of the Court. The clock is now running for you to respond or be defaulted.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan
    Replied: 11/15/2013
    Janke Legal Consulting | Bruce C. Janke
    I don't understand what you mean by a warrant. Are you in California? If so, foreclosure is commenced by service of a Notice of Default. In any case, if you are required by law to do something within 30 days, you could lose important rights by not acting. I urge you to speak with an attorney. Your local county bar association may be able to arrange a low cost appointment with a real estate specialist.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 11/15/2013
    Law Offices of Daniel J Winter
    Law Offices of Daniel J Winter | Daniel J Winter
    If it is a foreclosure case, a warrant isn't issued, it would be a summons. If you received the foreclosure papers in the mail, you need to answer by the date given in the papers. If you do not, you could lose valuable rights to defend and answer the complaint. You should contact an experienced attorney right away to help accomplish your goals, and protect your rights. This is not a good time to try to go on your own.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois
    Replied: 11/15/2013
Click to View More Answers: