What can I do if I have felony drug charges against me? 1 Answers as of February 06, 2012

I was robbed trying to buy drugs and called the police with a fake report. They knew I was lying and I told the truth that I gave $1000 to a friend to get me drugs and he was giving fake weed. In my statement I admitted that I was getting the drugs for my friend to make me money with it. I was charged with obstructing official business and the newspaper says they may be pursuing further charges. They also took my cell phone and said they were going to recover deleted text messages which may incriminate me further. What possible charges can they bring upon me at this point?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Burdon and Merlitti
Burdon and Merlitti | Adam Van Ho
In reality, you could be charged with Obstruction and Falsification. But if the police were to find additional information on your cell phone that indicates your involvement in more than just buying some marijuana, then you could have additional legal problems. I strongly recommend that you discuss with an attorney the specifics of your case as soon as possible.
Answer Applies to: Ohio
Replied: 2/6/2012
Click to View More Answers: