What can I do if I got arrested for domestic violation and abuse? 15 Answers as of December 18, 2013

I was arrested for domestic violation and abuse while leaving a park after having lunch with my girlfriend we never even argued. Police pulled up separated us then questioned us one cop even said "I'm going to cut them loose" other cop asks why? And first cop says because their stories match "second cop says "no book him" and I was taken to jail! I asked him to ask people at the park if we were fighting and he said no.

You can retain an attorney.
First get a lawyer to fight the charges and after you win then sue the cops.
You will have to get a lawyer and fight the matter. It sounds like your girlfriend can testify on your behalf. We can also work on getting any no contact order lifted.
Charles M. Schiff, Attorney at Law
Charles M. Schiff, Attorney at Law | Charles M. Schiff
You can defend against the charge. The state has the obligation to prove the charge. You are not obligated to prove your innocence.
Ascheman & Smith | Landon Ascheman
If it was a violation of a no contact order they will often charge that even when no actual argument occurred. You should speak to a criminal defense attorney in your area asap.
    Law Office of Jared C. Winter
    Law Office of Jared C. Winter | Jared C. Winter
    Hire an attorney and try to gather as much witness information as you can (e.g., names, phone numbers, addresses, etc.).
    If you are being charged, you need an experience attorney to represent you. If you are not being charged, and assuming that everything you stated is correct (especially with regards to witnesses and who made the call to the police), you should contact a civil rights attorney to discuss filing a claim against the police department.
    You need to hire an attorney if possible. You do not want a conviction on your record.
    Law Office of Michael Norton
    Law Office of Michael Norton | Michael Norton
    The DA will decide if there is enough evidence to file any charges. You could hire any attorney to try to convince the DA not to file charges. Good luck.
    Anderson Law Office
    Anderson Law Office | Scott L. Anderson
    Get representation asap. It is hard to determine why you were charged and you need an attorney to assist.
    Simple. You need to shop around for a lawyer. DV consequences are plenty and severe. For example, you lose your gun rights for life, get a criminal record, and are forced to attend a long and expensive 52-week course.