What can I do if I feel that my mother is harassing me? 3 Answers as of April 13, 2012

Ive had a bad past with my mother my whole life. But I'm eighteen now finally and I moved out. Upon leaving she got upset and I didnt leave with anything but two outfits and my purse. I never got and ID or drivers license and I have to get one now, she also kept my birth certificate and my social security card. I personally want to know how can I get those things along with, things i've paid for, letters, drawing. (The things that are pretty much mine by any standard.) She also has been still trying to contact me via phone and is harassing me and my boyfriend. Today she called crying for me to come home and because I said no, she got angry and is threating me with my unborn child.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Reeves Law Firm, P.C.
Reeves Law Firm, P.C. | Roy L. Reeves
First on the Social Security Card, go to the local SSA office and request a new one. Birth Certificates can be obtained at the County Clerk's office or by submitting a request for a duplicate to the Texas Bureau of Vital Statistics. As for harassing, you can contact the DA's office. A threat against your unborn child is a very real thing, do not lay lax on such a thing, start a file now. Also, if the threat is to take the child, Grandparents in Texas have no rights. She may think she knows everything, and maybe you do too, I don't know either of you, but the one thing I do know is that grandparents destroy more young families and the legislature knows this and has made it very very difficult for a grandparent to get possession of a child over the will of the parent.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 4/13/2012
Mark Thiessen, Attorney at Law
Mark Thiessen, Attorney at Law | Mark Thiessen
You can file a police report for harassment, but it's unlikely the police will do anything. Maybe find a therapist to hash out the problems to find a reasonable solution.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 4/12/2012
Robert Valles and Associates P.C.
Robert Valles and Associates P.C. | Robert Valles Jr.
File a restraining order.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 4/12/2012
Click to View More Answers: