What can I do if I feel I am being harassed by a financial institution? Posted on July 29, 2011

I have a loan with Springleaf financial. When my husband passed away in September I fell behind. I did my best paying them what I could until I stared getting my disability check. My check comes the end of each month. I called and asked them to change my payment date to that date but they would not do it. Now when I make my payment each month it is late. They call me each month knowing I can't make the payment till the end of month, and they send people to my house. This week they called and pressured me into post dating a check for the $200 for august over the phone. Today they call me and tell me they can't accept the check unless I make it for $240. They know I can't pay 200. Because I am behind they will take me to small claims if I don't pay more than $200 a month. I am trying not to get too upset by their harassment because I have a heart condition and am diabetic. Can they do this?