What can I do if I fall behind on my repayments? 4 Answers as of August 30, 2010

I filed Chapter 7 bankruptcy about a year ago. I am no longer able to make the payments and I am following behind. What can I do?

You would not have a repayment on a Chapter 7. You might have filed a chapter 13 case. If so, your case can be dismissed for failure to pay. You might want to consider amending your case to lower your plan payment if you can. Or, you might want to consider converting to a chapter 7 case.
Ariano & Reppucci
Ariano & Reppucci | Chris Ariano
If there are repayments you must have filed a Chapter 13. If you fall behind, you can roll the past amount due into the plan to be paid over the remaining months. Otherwise, you can attempt to convert to a Chapter 7.
There are no repayments required in a Chapter 7 case, so it is impossible to fall behind. If you meant Chapter 13, if you do not make your payments, eventually the Trustee or creditors will file a motion to dismiss your case. You need to either catch up on the missed payments, or file a Motion to Modify your Plan.