What can I do if I dont want to agree to everything in mediation? 4 Answers as of May 03, 2011

The father of my kids is abusive toward me not the children and I agreed to everything in mediation because I was intimidated by both the mediator and my ex. I want out before the judge signs because I honestly need help making these decisions since I always go back and do what he says believing he'll change for the kids. I just want the judge to consider that in this case I left because of abuse and realistically I don't think my ex should have joint custody until getting anger management and parenting classes. The mediator made it seem as if I deserved by saying I could have pushed his buttons. My ex spit in my face while holding my 6 month old baby pulled out my breast and choked me when I said I was leaving him shich I did and that is why we are in court. I told the judge this in my court paper and don't know if a judge will sign without reviewing the case and thinking "why would she sign." I'm so confused and just want the judges help can I ask to no longer go through with the mediation agreement. There is no police report because I just left with my kids and their belongings.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Curry & Westgate
Law Office of Curry & Westgate | Patrick Curry
You need to hire an attorney to assist you and to represent your best interest.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/3/2011
Law Office of Joseph A. Katz
Law Office of Joseph A. Katz | Joseph A. Katz
Call an experienced Family Law Attorney for a free consultation, or go to the Clerk's Office at your courthouse and see what resources they might have for you. You might be able to speak with a Court Facilitator. There might be a Legal Aid Society in your area, or a Pro Bono program. Call the local Bar Association. You need an Order to Show Cause hearing (use forms FL-300 and FL-310, with a blank FL-320 to your ex-husband). You will also need to file and serve an Income and Expense Declaration (FL-150) and serve a blank one upon your ex-husband. Essentially, you are litigating the issues of custody, visitation and child and spousal support.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/2/2011
Diefer Law Group, P.C.
Diefer Law Group, P.C. | Abel Fernandez
You really need to hire an attorney to help you in this case.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/2/2011
Law Office of L. Paul Zahn
Law Office of L. Paul Zahn | Paul Zahn
The judge will not review any agreement that you and your ex make. If you don't want to agree, advise the judge that you don't agree and ask for an evidentiary hearing. I strongly suggest you seek counseling for yourself. You must be able to stand up for yourself and your position. No one else is going to do it for you. The services of an attorney might be of assistance for you. If you are in my area and are looking for an attorney, please contact me for a free consultation.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/2/2011
Click to View More Answers: