What can I do if I don’t make enough money to sponsor my fiance? 2 Answers as of February 15, 2011

My fiance is here on a Visa Waiver from UK. I am a US Citizen. I have no assets and on SSD. My parents are retired and unwilling to sign a co-sponsor when it says they can be sued. His parents are willing to help in any way, but what can they do? Is there any way we can marry?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
William C. Gosnell, Attorney at Law
William C. Gosnell, Attorney at Law | William C. Gosnell
Marry then file an i-130 after 2 years of marriage then a visa will be granted.
Answer Applies to: Tennessee
Replied: 2/15/2011
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC | Louis M. Piscopo
There is no issue regarding your getting married. However, unless you have sufficient assets to meet the affidavit of support requirements, you must find a co-sponsor. A co-sponsor must be a U.S.Citizen or Green Card holder, be over the age of 18 and be domiciled in the U.S.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/15/2011
Click to View More Answers: