What can I do if I do not have insurance but I was hit by another car? 3 Answers as of March 29, 2011

Can I do something if I was in an accident, and the other motorist was at fault? I do not have insurance, but I still need to make a claim for the damages and injuries. Can I get fined for not being insured?

Law Office of William R. Falcone, Esq.
Law Office of William R. Falcone, Esq. | William R. Falcone
You can bring a claim against the other car's insurance co based in negligence if their driver is at fault. That would include collision and bodily injury. I strongly advise you to contact a colorado attorney to handle an injury claim. I would be glad to provide a free consult.
Tenge Law Firm, LLC
Tenge Law Firm, LLC | J. Todd Tenge
Yes, you can. If the accident was not your fault, then the liability insurance of the other driver should pay your property damage and any bodily injury claim. The fact that you did not have auto insurance is not relevant to your claims against the other driver, and thus, should not be a problem in that context. You really should; however, obtain insurance on your auto to comply with Colorado law. Please call us if you need further information or assistance.