What can I do if I did not claim a temporary job when collecting unemployment? 2 Answers as of August 08, 2011

I got a letter in the mail from the unemployment office(audit) saying I did not claim seven weeks of work while I was unemployed. I was working for a temporary service and did not know I had to claim that I thought it was just full time it was a honest mistake. So I have to call and explain why I did not report that is the reason. What do I do?

Touby & Associates, P.A.
Touby & Associates, P.A. | Mark Touby
You may want to seek the advice of an experienced unemployment attorney and perhaps retain one. If you received benefits to which you were not entitled, then you will more than likely need to repay them. What happens depends on the agency and how it's handled. This is the type of situation where you will likely benefit from spending some money on attorney early on, rather than spending more when the problem escalates. These comments are not intended to be legal advice. They are provided for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be provided after consultation by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship.
Bernard Huff, Attorney/Mediator
Bernard Huff, Attorney/Mediator | Bernard Huff
Consult with a local attorney who handles workers' compensation matters on behalf of plaintiffs.