What can I do if I completed a DUI class 10 years ago and now DMV claims no record of it? 4 Answers as of August 14, 2014

More than 10 years ago I got a DUI as a second conviction since my prior was 7 years earlier. I started the DUI classes but couldn't afford the fee so I was kicked out of the class. I later moved and reenrolled in the DUI class and completed it. Now DMV is telling me that I never completed the DUI classes and will not reissue my license to me till I complete the classes again. The place that I had done my classes at 10 years ago is no longer there and I can’t locate my paperwork, I think I may have had to send it in to DMV for proof of completion. Is there anything I can do to fight this, it just doesn't seem right that I should have to retake these classes and repay the class fees because someone in the administration part of this didn't do their job.

You might want to check with the court clerk. Very often the program will send a copy to the court.
Steven Alpers | Steven Alpers
I agree that it does not seem right. Unfortunately, unless you have a copy or the original of the proof of completion you are going to have to take it again.
Law Office of Edward J. Blum
Law Office of Edward J. Blum | Edward J. Blum
Go to court. Get copy of docket showing you completed course. You couldn't have completed probation without showing court proof of completion.
Hudson Bair | Hudson Bair
You should contact the school, they may have a proof of completion in their files OR if the court required the program you may be able to find the proof of completion in your court file. Otherwise, you will have to attend and complete again, it seems tha the DMV doesn't have the record of completion.