What can I do if I can't get my diploma after filing Chapter 7? 4 Answers as of July 11, 2017

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Ronald K. Nims LLC | Ronald K. Nims
You school is not allowed to withhold your diploma because you filed bankruptcy. There are severe penalties for this type of illegal behavior.
Answer Applies to: Ohio
Replied: 7/11/2017
Janet A. Lawson Bankruptcy Attorney
Janet A. Lawson Bankruptcy Attorney | Janet Lawson
You need to see a lawyer. If you are entitled one you should be able to get it.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/11/2017
A Fresh Start
A Fresh Start | Dorothy G Bunce
Student loans are not eligible to be discharged in any bankruptcy absent exceptional circumstances. A school may hold your diploma if you do not pay your student loan, whether you filed bankruptcy or not.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 7/10/2017
Richard B. Jacobson & Associates, LLC | Richard B. Jacobson
Retaining an experienced bankruptcy lawyer is almost always worth the investment. If you have earned the diploma, then the institution should release it to you. You can file a motion to have it held in contempt for seeking to force you to pay a discharged debt (if it truly is discharged).
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 7/10/2017
Click to View More Answers: