What can I do if I applied for N-400 last April and get interviewed and successfully passed on July-9, until now the case is pending? 6 Answers as of December 19, 2012

I applied for N-400 last April and get interviewed and successfully passed on July-9. I received a letter to attend the oath ceremony on July 15th after that, I received a letter saying to wait until further notice for background check, and send all the requested information, on USCIS web, it mention that I should expect and response within a 60 day from August 16 and until now the case is pending and no change, the USCIS is in LA. Any assistance what could be the case and what to do next, should I wait or re-file for citizenship. Appreciate your feedback.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Rebecca White
Law Office of Rebecca White | Rebecca White
You may want to hire an attorney to review your options - you may be able to request a decision be made or litigate for a decision to be made, but if there are potential issues in your immigration history that may prove to be a poor idea.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 12/19/2012
Law Offices of Grinberg and Segal
Law Offices of Grinberg and Segal | Alexander Segal
You could seek federal court review of the case. There is a process to sue in federal court for stalled naturalization cases. You really should consult an experienced immigration attorney in the LA area about the matter.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 12/19/2012
Havens & Lichtenberg PLLC
Havens & Lichtenberg PLLC | Michael Lichtenberg
You might want to make an InfoPass appointment at the USCIS office where you went through the interview Go online to uscis.gov and find InfoPass button, and the system will take you through the steps. On the day of the appointment, bring with you all the notices you have received from USCIS and copies of the documents you sent to USCIS. Ask for help the officer who will receive you. This is the only way to prod the case forward in case it was left "on the back burner", and it will not make your situation any worse if the background check is still underway. Re-filing N-400 will not change the situation.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 12/19/2012
Universal Law Group, Inc. | Francis John Cowhig
Do not re-file for citizenship at this time as that would only confuse an already confusing situation. Since you have not received a denial, I am assuming that the delay is the result of your pending background check. You can apply for an infopass at your local immigration office and check with the officer at the counter for an update. Your other alternative is to retain an experienced immigration attorney to do a follow-up for you.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 12/19/2012
SwagatUSA, LLC
SwagatUSA, LLC | Dhenu Savla
First you should attend an info pass meeting at your local USCIS. If you still don't hear from them then contact an immigration attorney who can file a mandamus action for you or seek liaison assistance from AILA.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 12/18/2012
    Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC
    Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC | Reza Athari
    You may file a complaint in Federal court and ask the judge to adjudicate your N-400 because it has been more than 120 days after your last interview. This usually puts pressure on USCIS to make a quick decision.
    Answer Applies to: Nevada
    Replied: 12/18/2012
Click to View More Answers: