What can I do if I am wrongly accused of a crime? 2 Answers as of June 17, 2011

My car was stolen and I am being accused because my id was in the car and the thief used it when being pulled over. The thief ran after giving my identification to a officer. How can I prove I'm innocent?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Timothy J. Thill P.C.
Timothy J. Thill P.C. | Timothy J. Thill
A couple of things you may do are as follows: if you reported the vehicle stolen before the stop on the thief, you might prevail on that point. Additionally, if the officer indicates that he stopped another individual, not you, this can be grounds for a dismissal. The officer should be able to ID the actual driver, and if it is not you, you should be home free.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 6/17/2011
Click to View More Answers: