What can I do if I am trying to return home to the US? 2 Answers as of April 15, 2011

I completed a sentence of 9 weekends in jail, 5 years probation. I completed my term of sentence a year later and half later. I was taken into custody by INS. Would this be considered double jeopardy? If so, what can be done about this? It has been 10 years since my deportation. I feel that I was misepresentated by my attorney in my original case. My wife consulted him to have my immigration board of appeals to have me deported after been approved by the board to stay in the US. What can I do about my situation?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
Your case sounds a little more involved to be answered in this forum. I would have to know the details of it to opine on it. Depending on the reasons for your removal and/or criminal offense, there may be a way for you to return to the US providing that you get permission to re-apply for admission outside the US first. You do this on Form I-212 when the consular officer prompts you to file a waiver after your interview. Either way, it sounds like you need a petition to be filed for you 1st and be approved and sent to Mexico for processing. Don't forget to hire competent counsel to handle this matter. Good Luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/15/2011
William C. Gosnell, Attorney at Law
William C. Gosnell, Attorney at Law | William C. Gosnell
Hire a new Immigration Attorney. Since 10 years have gone by, ask for a fresh start. A Felony conviction is grounds for Deportation. Its not Double Jeopardy.
Answer Applies to: Tennessee
Replied: 4/15/2011
Click to View More Answers: