What can I do if I am not getting compensation for my job? Posted on May 25, 2011

I am an instructional assistant with a bachelor's degree. For over a year now, I have been fulfilling the duty of full time instructor for a class. Our policy states that, after 90 days, an instructional assistant, or IA, is to be compensated with no more than a 5% bonus. After a year, IA's who are still covering the classes are supposed to be compensated with the salary of a full time instructor. Again, it has been over a year upon my receiving the assignment. I have addressed this, in letter format, with my principal; however, she has not responded to my concerns. As of the present time, I am fully responsible for all duties of a full time instructor for that class, as well as responsible for attending all related trainings, classes, etc. In addition to this, I am only one test away from being able to apply for a provisional license in the subject that I am currently teaching.