What can I do if I am involved in a domestic assault on my husband and I received the paperwork stating the state picked it up? 4 Answers as of November 21, 2014

My husband is in jail for domestic assault on me, I was contacted by the detective asking if I wanted to press changes which I do I get the court date in the mail and it says the state picked it up, what does that mean? He assaulted me this will be his 2nd domestic assault and first domestic assault on my 55 year old mom. What could be the severity of this case?

It is a felony if the state has the case.
VALENTE SCHARG & ASSOCIATES | DEAN VALENTE
Sounds like he is being charged under state law DV instead of local ordinance. ?Local may not have enhanced punishment for repeat offender. So instead city or twp attorney now county prosecutor will be prosecuting authority & depending on his past criminal history max penalty is likely increased. Don't worry you don't have to do anything more or less than you did before just harsher penalties & different prosecuting authority.
Hamblin Law Office | Sally Hamblin
The state is the one prosecuting and not you. You are the victim in the case. A second domestic violence is serious. A victim has the right to fill out a victim impact statement which may ask your feelings on sentencing. This is an important form and should be filled out. The prosecutor should also speak with the victim.
I'm guessing that means the state is prosecuting him through the county prosecutor's office. Usually a second offense domestic violence means heightened punishment. What ultimately happens depends on a number of factors. The prosecutor should be in touch with you soon.