What can I do if I am falsely accused of not paying a ticket for theft? Posted on July 14, 2011

I went to handle a speeding ticket when i was informed there was a ticket needing to be paid for theft in 2001 its now 2011. I was surprised because it showed I signed it but I remember the officer after talking to him said ok im not gonna give you a ticket, but there is ticket but your boyfriend has and im gonna take him for that I dont remember if I was even given the ticket. I was allowed to go home from the store and never got anything in the mail. I had even been arrested in 2002 for a different charge and stayed in the county jail for a few weeks,even went to court and never heard about this theft charge till now. I had even had a criminal background ran a few times before and have never saw this charge.i dont want theft on me what can I do?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: