What can I do if I am being threatened by my child's mother for charges of medical neglect for not giving blood for genetic testing for my child? 5 Answers as of September 29, 2014

I am in Michigan. I have an issue where I am being threatened by my child's mother for charges of medical neglect for not giving blood for genetic testing for my child. My child is 18 years old now. I am not the custodial parent. The genetic testing is to see what kind of genetic illnesses could be present in my genes that could be passed on to the adult child. At this time, I cannot do this test because my mental illness prevents me from being able to. I am schizophrenic and every time I have to go into public, especially hospitals, I have a meltdown and shortly after have to seek counseling or stay in a mental health institution for some days/weeks depending on how bad my episode was. I’m wondering do I face a threat from this situation or is the mother trying to strong arm me through the fear that my mental illness generates?

The child is an adult and there is no medical neglect that she can charge you with.
Law Offices of Ezra N. Goldman
Law Offices of Ezra N. Goldman | Ezra Goldman
I do not have enough information to answer this question. You have not said what illness your son has, what tests will help him and how he can be the subject of neglect if he is 18.
That is not neglect, and the child, at 18 is or is nearly an adult.
Hamblin Law Office | Sally Hamblin
Although there may be concerns for her worry, you cannot be forced to do the testing. The girl is 18. She is an adult. You need not be threatened. Suggestion. Have an attorney write a letter to the person threatening you to stop such behavior. Good luck.
The child is an adult and you owe them nothing. Tell them no and nothing should happen. Good luck.