What can I do if I am being slandered at work? 1 Answers as of March 07, 2012

A part time co worker was told that they would have to switch their postion. they said they would do anything to keep their postion so on my day off they went to management & wrote a false statement about me saying i abused my fmla and i went on vacation. they also claimed i posted various pictures of this supposed vacation on a social network. I have never signed up for, or ever created a social network . the fmla has just been recertified by a doctor, and a supervisor told this person that i was going to get in trouble. the person is making false accusations and slandering my name, making me look like a liar to everbody and i might potentially lose my job or my current postion. what rights do i have to keep my position and my job?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
The O'Hanlon Law Firm, P.C. | Stephen O'Hanlon
It sounds as if you should bring this issue to your employer's attention. After all, your co-worker seems to have overstepped any obligations of loyalty and fair dealing. There are criminal issues associated with identity theft. Finally, recrimination for proper use of FMLA can be dealt with either by complaining to the Department of Labor or filing suit in U.S. District Court. It's an either or not like an employment discrimination case where you file with the EEOC and then potentially sue in District Court. You may also have a case under disability discrimination law if you were to lose your job.
Answer Applies to: Pennsylvania
Replied: 3/7/2012
Click to View More Answers: