What can I do if I am being harassed by the dealership and the finance company? 4 Answers as of February 04, 2014

I bought a car from a used car dealership and gave them $3000 down. They approved me and drove out the dealer with a car. I’m getting harassed by the dealership and the finance company. They want to come out see me working to see that really work.

James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C. | James T. Weiner
Do you really work? if so will it matter? Contact the Michigan Attorney General Consumer protection division.. the dealer and the financier should be licensed an a complaint can affect their licenses. However if you lied on the application ... you will get no relief.
SmithMarco, P.C.
SmithMarco, P.C. | Larry P. Smith
I need more information from you. I am interested in knowing what exactly the dealership and finance company are saying. Are you approved? Do they want you to re-sign new documents? More down payment? All of these questions are critical to know in order to tell you what rights you have here.
Edelman, Combs, Latturner & Goodwin, LLC | Daniel A. Edelman
A creditor can insist on reasonable proof of employment, but I don't think that visits are called for. If you have a W-2 or 1099, that should be sufficient. Creditors also will submit a written form to an employer.
If they are attempting to verify what your represented that is not harassment, it is good business.