What can I do if I am being falsely accused of assault and battery? 1 Answers as of June 10, 2011

SRS has filed a false assault and battery charge alleging I abused my husband when I did not. He has given about a 1/2 dozen excuses as to how he got injured, has been uncooperative with police, and even I have seen him with bruises but I didn't do it! Yet I am the focus and I hardly see him. How do I fight this because I could lose my job over something this serious? I am stressed because police want to talk with me and I don't want to get arrested for something I didn't do.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Phillip Weiser
Law Office of Phillip Weiser | Phillip L. Weiser
Anytime someone is accused of a criminal act puts them in jeopardy of saying something harmful that could be used against them. You should consult with an experienced attorney before agreeing to speak to any officer.
Answer Applies to: Kansas
Replied: 6/10/2011
Click to View More Answers: