What can I do if I am being asked to move out of low income housing due to a mistake on my application? 1 Answers as of July 07, 2011

My daughter is being asked to move out of her apartment after being there for 2 months because the management company made a mistake and approved her application. They now say she was over qualified. What should she do?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Steven A. Fink
Law Offices of Steven A. Fink | Steven Alan Fink
It is their mistake, not hers. See if they will give her 90 days to find a new place and pay her moving expenses. If they will not, tell them she cannot afford to move again so quickly. Also ask them to show her the regulations establishing that she was overqualified. Many of these landlords have buildings that accept overqualified applicants but they lose a tax break.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/7/2011
Click to View More Answers: