What can I do if I am being accused of being the guilty party in an accident? 2 Answers as of April 15, 2011

I was making a turn and he t-boned me. He says that it is my fault but he hit me in northbound traffic while he was going south. How can I defend myself? I am in Illinois. I was taken to the hospital.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Cary J. Wintroub & Associates
Cary J. Wintroub & Associates | Sheldon J. Aberman
In the event that the "guilty party" brings a claim against you, simply report the claim to your auto insurance carrier and your carrier will handle the defense of the claim. Additionally, your carrier will provide you with defense counsel in the event that you are sued. However, if you wish to make a claim for your own personal injuries, you should contact an attorney who will both prosecute your claim and counter the allegations made against you by the "guilty party".
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 4/14/2011
Willens Law Offices
Willens Law Offices | Matthew Willens
Contact your automobile insurance company. They should defend you.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 4/15/2011
Click to View More Answers: