What can I do if have been charged with leaving scene/property damage? Posted on January 16, 2011

I have been charged with unsafe backing and leaving scene/property damage. I examined the vehicle that I grazed and seeing that it was already fairly scratched up, that I did not cause further damage. However, a witness reported me to the police who came to my home and told me that there was no way that I did not see the damage. He also said that he witness saw me sneak away out a back driveway, which I did because this guy had followed me when I drove around a parking lot to return to check out the car. The officer felt this behavior was incriminating even after I told him I had checked out the car, and that the man following me was frightening me. What should I do?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: