What can I do if a girl that lied about her age and said she’s on state college that turns out to be early college? 10 Answers as of December 17, 2013

A girl I met online said she was 18, and attended a state university, however, she was in early college and was 14. I have texts from her claiming to be 18, and then she told me she was 16. Then she went on to say she was 14 years old. She looked much older than 14, and we had sex one time when I believed she was 18 and in college. Detectives just came to my house, what do I do?

Keep you mouth shut and get a lawyer. This is illegal in every State and in many, not knowing the real age is NOT a defense. Anything you say could be used against you.
Get ready to go to prison.
Hire an attorney immediately. You are looking at statutory rape charges which can carry serious prison time plus require you to register as a sex offender.
Don't talk to them and get a lawyer. The charges don't matter even if she lied about her age.
Law Office of James E. Smith
Law Office of James E. Smith | James Smith
Get a lawyer who does sex crimes.
    You have the right to remain silent. Only idiots talk to investigators/cops. Remember, no matter what you say it will be twisted around and used against you later.
    Simpson Law Office, PLLC | Alexander J. Simpson, III
    Get a lawyer, don't make any statements to the police, and stop posting anything about it online.
    Tell the truth.
    Law Office of Darin Kanfer | Darin J. Kanfer
    Unfortunately it is your obligation to verify a persons age before you engage in sexual activity with them. It may not make a difference if you speak to the police. However, cooperation is usually not bad thing when it comes to cases like this. You may consider bringing an attorney if you do decide to speak to the police.
    Get an attorney and speak with no one until you have received counsel. Invoke your right to remain silent and tell any authorities your want an attorney.